8.11.2011

1 week.

Seriously, is there anything worse than wedding count downs on facebook? Well, actually while I am on the subject I am thinking there are probably more annoying things. Like Harry Potter statuses. Or BYU football statusi. But marriage countdowns on facebook are definitely in my top three weird and annoying. That is, until today when I realized we have a week and a day until marriage. And then, ALL OF THE SUDDEN I wanted the whole world to know. In one week (and like a day... kind of) Tanner and I will be married. The engagement flew by, and thank goodness because we couldn't be more excited to be married. 
I am so excited for August 19th to come. I am so excited to be with my best friend for good- forever. 

We move our furniture into our new apartment tomorrow. It is totally the craziest thing. Our parents have been so generous with us, and we are more than set on furniture. The bed Tanner's parents gave us came today. I am so grateful to them for this. I hate air mattresses, and pretty sure at one point, that is what it was looking like. I hope that every night we lay down to sleep I realize how blessed we are to have been given that bed. 

On the note of wonderful and generous parents, the wedding is going to be beautiful.  The planning process has been fun but oh my goodness I am so past caring! My mamasita has done so much for this wedding. And made my life so much easier while I worked like crazy this summer. SHE EVEN DOES MY LAUNDRY SOMETIMES. Every little service she has provided me this summer has lifted a burden off my shoulders and helped me enjoy this exciting time. She is an angel. She has sewn pennant flags (hundreds), cut out 300 cupcake holders, and I just realized that if I were to make a list- I couldn't possibly count the things she has done for this wedding. BUT HEY! I remembered a big one. She planted flowers in our backyard for the reception, got heat exhaustion, and was throwing up all night. HOLY COW RIGHT? She is fabulous and I so appreciate the patience, support, and generosity she has shown me throughout this process. Fabulous I tell you. 

It has been an exciting time. I can speak for both of us, and say that we feel so blessed to be where we are today. So glad to have gotten so lucky. Oh and the weirdest thing- we were totally caught candidly dancing in the garden of eden the other day. Crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment