3.25.2012

today

Today I feel blessed.
I feel the need to simplify.

I feel grateful.

I have a tendency to compare myself to anyone and everyone. To think I am not good enough or not doing enough or not as rich as our neighbors that drive Audi's and Landrovers. I feel like I am doing it all wrong. 

But I have days like today when I see the truth.
When I see things as they really are. 
What matters (and what is finally starting to click with me) are things that are much more real, and much more consequential than having a nice car. 

Peace in our home, and in our hearts will never come from having more than the neighbors. 
It comes from lamp lit nights in the living room & the quiet peaceful moments at home when the TV is off and the homework is put away. Reality will always be at our doorstep, but there is good in the life we are living. 

Thinking we are the only ones who have problems is selfish and vapid. 

 More love, more charity, more faith, and far less fear and comparison. Those are my goals for the week.

Our life is not perfect. But, it never will be. 
And everyone has their struggles. Everyone.
And they are real, & there is hope. 

But in the end life is so, so good.

1 comment:

Mama-Face said...

first. this made me cry. good tears! ;)

secondly, your last line is so poignant. you'll understand. u r awesome.

Post a Comment